When Liz Read learned that a family member was struggling with drug use, she was blindsided. She knew that drug monitoring was an important part of her loved one’s recovery, but was frustrated by the lack of viable options. Observed lab testing was humiliating, expensive, and time-consuming. At-home tests created conflict and undermined trust.
Liz knew that families like hers deserved a better drug monitoring option. That’s why she created Clearlee, an innovative drug monitoring solution that allows individuals to test anytime, anywhere, in complete privacy. It is the world’s first unobserved rapid drug test. Read on to discover how Clearlee is reshaping the world of rapid drug testing.
What does unobserved mean, and why is it relevant to drug testing?
In the context of drug testing, unobserved means that samples– most commonly, urine samples– are collected without any direct supervision or observation. Individuals can test in private, preserving confidentiality and avoiding humiliation and stigma. This is particularly important in cases of drug addiction, since people often feel shame or guilt about their drug use and may be less likely to test if they know they are being watched.
While unobserved drug testing has its advantages, it also has several drawbacks. The main concern is the potential for cheating or tampering with the test. Without someone to observe the testing process, individuals may be tempted to use fake urine, swap out tests or fluids or dilute their samples to avoid detection. This can lead to inaccurate results, giving those being tested a false sense of security and making it more likely that they will continue to use.
How are Clearlee’s unobserved tests different from traditional tests?
Clearlee offers a more reliable, accurate, and dignified way to test. First, Clearlee uses rapid saliva testing instead of urine. There is no way to “cheat” or adulterate saliva, unlike urine, which can be tampered with or substituted. Second, Clearlee uses a combination of artificial intelligence and human review to verify sample collection and submission. And finally, Clearlee’s proprietary randomization, ensures individuals can’t time their drug use around testing windows.
How do Clearlee’s tests work?
- After you choose the drug monitoring program that best suits your needs, Clearlee’s test kits are delivered directly to your door. The tests are packaged discreetly, in boxes bearing no references to drug testing. Everything that is needed for sample collection and submission is included in Clearlee’s compact, easily portable testing kits. The only other equipment needed is a wifi or cellular connection and a smartphone with a camera.
- Clearlee notifies you via text and email when it is time to test, allowing 8 hours to complete the sample collection and submission process. Tests can be completed anytime, any day of the year.
- The app guides you through the sample collection and submission process, which takes about 20 minutes. Because tests are unobserved and require no special equipment, they can be completed from anywhere– home, office, or on the go!
- Results are verified with a combination of facial recognition technology and human review of the recorded sample collection footage.
- Unlike traditional tests, which require 1-2 days of processing time, Clearlee delivers results within one hour. Results are sent directly to everyone in your support network, which can include family members, employers, and treatment providers.
What are the benefits of Clearlee’s tests compared to traditional drug monitoring options?
Less confrontation, more dignity
Clearlee prides itself on offering “detection with dignity.” Saliva samples are non-invasive, easy to collect, and impossible to cheat. This facilitates a less confrontational environment for all.
Clearlee’s remote saliva tests protect user privacy by enabling them to complete the entire sample collection and submission process in private- no observation required.
At Clearlee, we understand that convenience equals compliance. That’s why we’ve made the drug testing process as simple and streamlined as possible.
Because Clearlee’s tests require no specialized equipment or training, they are a more affordable option for families and businesses, with a per-test cost that is significantly less than urinalysis.
Rapid, Accurate Results
Clearlee provides near-immediate feedback about recent use, facilitating timely conversations and earlier interventions. And Clearlee’s tests are 99 percent accurate, putting them on par with traditional drug testing methods.
Clearlee’s unobserved drug tests offer a dignified, discreet, convenient, affordable, and reliable alternative to traditional tests. Whether you are a concerned family member looking for a way to help and protect your loved one, or an employer looking to improve workplace safety, Clearlee has a drug monitoring solution for you!